Raw Banana / Plantain ( Vazhakka ) ~ 2 Nos
Grated coconut ~ 1/2 cup
Shallots ~ 3-4 Nos
Chopped Ginger ~ 1 tbsp
Chopped Garlic ~ 1 tbsp
Dry red chillies
Curry leaves ~4-5 leaves
- First peel and then chop the raw bananas / plantain to small cubes.
- Then wash the chopped pieces nicely.
- Then cook the plantain/banana by adding enough water and salt. Just 1/2 - 3/4 cup of water will be enough. Cook till all the water evaporates and the plantains are almost dry.
- Grind coarsely grated coconut, shallots, ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.When the mustard seeds crackles, add dry red chillies and curry leaves. Saute for some time. And then add ground coconut mixture and fry it for 1-2 minutes or till the raw smell goes.
- Finally add chopped plantain / banana and mix it nicely.
- Then cook covered for 2-3 minutes and remove from the flame.
Enjoy Vazhakka Thoran with rice.