Fish ~ 1 lb( 450 gram)
Finely chopped onion ~ 1 No (Big sized)
Green chillies ~ 5 Nos (Split length-wise)
Chopped Tomato ~ 1 No
Chopped garlic ~ 1 tbsp
Red chilly powder
Salt to taste.
Cumin seeds ~ 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds ~ 1/2 tsp
- Wash and cut fish to medium to big size pieces.
- Make a paste by mixing 2 1/2 tsp chilly powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt by adding little water.
- Marinate the fish pieces with the masala paste and refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
- Then heat oil in a pan and fry the fish pieces in it. ( Note: Just need to fry the fish pieces till it becomes slightly light brown in color. No need to over cook.). Keep the fried fish pieces aside.
- Heat oil in an another vessel, and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start to pop, add cumin seeds.
- Then add chopped onions, green chillies, tomato, garlic and saute it till the onions become translucent.
- Then add 1 1/4 tbsp coriander powder, 1 1 /2 tsp chilly powder , 1/4 tsp turmeric and fry till its raw smell goes.
- Then add 1 cup of hot water along with the fish pieces.
- Cover the vessel and cook for 15 minutes in low flame.
- Serve with Rice.