Today I am sharing the recipe of a vegetarian dish called Paneer Pepper Masala. Paneer is a cheese which is commonly used in Indian cuisine. It is available in Indian grocery shops or we can even make it at home just by using milk and lemon juice/ curd / citric acid.
Paneer ~ 100 grams ( Cut it into small cubes )
Capsicum ~ 1 No
Tomato ~ 2 Nos
Onions ~ 2 Nos
Chopped ginger and garlic ~ 1 1/2 tbsp
Green chillies ~ 2-3 Nos
Kashmiri chilly powder ~ 2 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder ~ 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala ~ 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds ~ 1/4 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves ~ 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When it pops up , add chopped onions and chopped green chillies and saute till onions become soft.Then add crushed ginger and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then lower the flame and add red chilly powder and turmeric powder. Fry till the powder become dark in color. But do make sure not to burn the powder.
- Add chopped tomato and chopped capsicum along with enough salt and fry in medium flame till capsicum is almost cooked.
- Then add garam masala followed by 1/2 cup of water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally add paneer cubes and cook for 3-4 minutes or till the paneer is fully cooked. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and remove from the flame.
Recipe Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine.