Green gram (Cherupayaru) ~ 1 cup
Grated coconut ~ 1 cup
Garlic paste ~ 2 tsp
Green chillies ~ 4 Nos
Cumin seeds ~ 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder ~ 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder ~ 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves ~ 8-9 leaves
Water ~ 3 cups
Dry red chillies ~ 4-5 Nos
Salt to taste.
- Heat Ghee/Oil in a pan.
- Roast the green gram till its slightly brown in color. ( NB: Stir continuously)
- Then pressure cook the roasted green gram by adding 1 1/2 cup of water for 2-3 whistles by adding turmeric powder and 5-6 curry leaves.
- Grind grated coconut, garlic paste, cumin seeds & green chillies.
- Then mash the cooked green gram nicely, and cook for 5 more minutes.(NB: You can add more water at this point , if its very thick )
- In low flame, add ground paste & salt to the cooked green gram, and cook it for some more time. But no need to boil.
- In another pan heat ghee/oil and add mustard seeds, dry red chillies, shallots, chilly powder and fry for sometime.
- And mix it with Parippu curry.
- Have with rice, pappadam(Pappad) & ghee.