Prawns / Shrimp ~ 1/2 kg (1.1 lb)
Chilly powder ~ 3 tsp
Coriander powder ~ 2 tsp
Turmeric powder ~ 1/2 tsp
Green chillies ~ 4 Nos
Crushed shallots ~ 1/2 cup
Garlic ~ 1 tsp
Thick coconut milk ~ 1/4 cup
Thin coconut milk ~ 1/2 cup
Coconut oil ~ 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Clean the prawns and keep it aside.
- Mix prawns, crushed shallots, garlic, chilly powder, coriander powder , turmeric powder, green chillies and salt.
- Keep it for about 10 minutes.
- Then cook prawns in thin coconut milk in medium flame, till all the water evaporates and the prawns are cooked.
- Then add thick coconut milk and cook it for some more time.
- When the water evaporates and the prawns are almost dry, add curry leaves and coconut oil.
- Mix it well and remove from the flame.
- Puttu & this recipe is a good combination.
Happy cooking !