Today I am sharing the recipe of Aloo Palak which is a great dish that goes well with chapati and rice.
Potatoes ~ 2 Nos
Spinach ~ 1-2 bunch (Depends upon how much gravy you prefer. I used one bunch of spinach as I don't want my potatoes to be in a lot of green gravy.)
Green chillies ~ 3-4 Nos
Onion ~ 1 No
Tomato ~ 1 No
Coriander powder ~ 2 tsp
Chilly powder ~ 1 tsp
Garam masala ~ 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder ~ 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice ~ 1 tsp
Chopped coriander ~ 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
- First cook potatoes by adding enough water and little salt for about 15 minutes. Allow it to cool and then peel the skin of the potatoes and cut it medium size square pieces.
- Then take spinach and wash it properly. Then put spinach in hot water for just 1-2 minutes.Not more than that. Then immediately put it in a colander and place it under cold running water for less than a minute and keep it aside.
- Then coarsely grind spinach, garlic and green chillies by adding 2-3 tbsp of water.
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds. When it pops up, add chopped onions and saute till it become soft. Then lower the flame and add coriander powder, chilly powder , garam masala and turmeric powder and fry for less than a minute. Add chopped tomato and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add ground spinach mixture followed by cooked potatoes, salt and 1/4 cup water and cook covered for about 10 minutes in medium low flame. Do stir in between and make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Finally add lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves and remove from the flame after 1-2 minutes.